Friday, January 18, 2008

Back to school!

Well school started again on Monday. I have officially seen the craziest teacher at MCC. She actually answers her own questions and cracks herself up. Lots of my time wasted in her class with her tangents and stories. I sure hope she gets on the ball. I hope this semester does not make me as crazy as the last. Towards the end of the semester I was not even myself. I felt like I was pulling my hair out and could not go on much longer with the days where I never sat down until I got to bed at night. So far I have not even studied once NOT GOOD. I really need to get in the mode of school again but the little break I had was so good it is hard to realize it has ended and time to step up to the plate again.

I am a bit worried about this semester. I have very little time on my hands and have way to much on my plate to begin school. My PTA position has been OK. Has not been to bad but of course we are just beginning a fundraiser that we thought was going to be easy but turned into a LOT more than we bargained for. Then we are also in the planning stages of the Carnival we are having! This is no easy task. We had a meeting for all parents who were interested in helping and it was pathetic. I mean like 5 people other than the board. Mind you we have 600 students at Porter. Where are all of them? UMMMMM not helping us I do know that.

Not only do I have my school I have 5 kids in school, a toddler, Soccer, Dance, Gymnastics, two book clubs, SIAC (another school committee), Title 1 parent involvement, A Scout position and am a wife hmmmmmmmm. I love to give my kids the chance to get out and try new things but I sometimes wonder if they really need all of this???? Anyway thanks for listening to me rant.

My running update is.... Last Saturday I ran 40 minutes and totaled 3.9 miles. I know why not 4 but I did not measure the distance before my run. I got home feeling like I was on top of the world and got in my car to measure it and about fainted. I could not believe I actually did it! That night my ankle started to hurt me:(. I had no idea why. I had not fallen or twisted my ankle so what could be wrong? I felt like it would go away so I took a day off running and hoped it would be fine. NOT. So off to the Doc I went. It was not my normal doctor and they took an xray and told me it was not broken. DUH! I knew that but I wanted them to tell me if I injured it or not. If it is only sore who cares I will still run but if it is an injury I will rest. So I think they thought it was tendinitis. Told me to rest and take Ibuprofen and to go see my real doctor. Thursday my foot was not to much better so I thought I would go see my Doc. Well they pretty much told me the same thing. Ice, rest and Ibuprofen. So I went running last night to see how that affects it. If it was not worse than I was going to continue to run. If it made my pain worse then that was my clue to rest right? So this am I get up and my ankle is HUGE. I feel OK though. So where does that put me now? I have no clue what to do. I have signed up for a 5k run this Sunday and I have not made a decision what I should do. I really think I will run it but it won't be the best run. I really wanted this to be a great thing to accomplish but somehow doing it while not 100% takes alot of the fun out of it.

4 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

you need to go to a foot/ankle dr.
dr. clark fullmer or
dr. scott maling

they are fabulous. anytime i feet problems i go to them.

good luck with school. we need to hang out sometime ;)

Tami said...

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. I hope that is starts to feel good. You live a very busy life. You are a great example of community service. Your children will see that and get involved when they are able too.

Bren's Life said...

Good luck on your run tomorrow... I sure hope your ankle is feeling better. You shouldn't over due it.
Also- good luck on school. Ugh!!!

angiedunn said...

good luck with everything...you continue to amaze me, sister! and to your foot: feel better, she needs you.